All Japan Alpine Ski U16 Team Strengthening Support Project

J:COM 's basic management policy is "CHALLENGE," and as part of its sustainability activities, it supports the "CHALLENGE" of young people who will lead the next generation.

2023/24 報告番組「アルペンスキーU16 世界への挑戦 Season 6:次世代がつなぐ 未来へのバトン」

クラウドファンディングを通して皆さまからいただいたご支援は海外遠征や国内合宿に活用されています。強化活動の様子やジュニアオリンピックでの活躍を描いた2023/24シーズンの報告番組を公開しました。

<番組内容>
アルペンスキー界の未来を担うU16代表選手たちに密着。世界を舞台に戦う選手から、さらに次世代の選手たちへと渡されるバトン。夢に向かって滑る選手の姿をお届けします。

(アルペンスキーU16 世界への挑戦 Season 6:次世代がつなぐ未来へのバトン | J:COM サステナビリティ活動再生時間:27:00)

Project overview

From the 2018/19 season, in order to develop alpine ski athletes who will stand at the top of the world, we will collaborate with Just Loving Skiing (JLS) and J SPORTS, a general incorporated association, and the Alpine Ski U16 of the All Japan Ski Federation (SAJ). We support the team.
We will collect support funds through crowdfunding, add reinforcement costs from J:COM donate to SAJ, and SAJ will carry out reinforcement activities. The event will be broadcast and distributed as an activity report program, and the activities at the JOC Junior Olympics, the last big event of the season, will be broadcast live.

Crowdfunding (support), U16 team strengthening (activity), activity report program (report) + competition distribution (performance)

Support system

Target amount 1,000,000 yen
Application deadline: Until January 15, 2024

A project to support the training costs for the All Japan Alpine Skiing U16 Team to compete on the world stage.
Last season, we received your support and used it as training funds for skiers who are expected to perform well in the near future.
J:COM will support these young treasures as they take on the challenge of changing the future of Japanese alpine skiing.

▼Crowdfunding overview video

(J:COM Sustainability Activities | Alpine Ski U16 Team Strengthening Support Project 2023/24Playing time: 1:00)

Support mechanism. Supporters and J:COM will support you through JustLovingSki. What is JustLovingSki? ・We establish a process to continuously eliminate Japanese alpine skiers who compete in the world.・Support and support the activities of Japanese alpine skiers in various aspects.・We are an alpine ski organization established in 2012 with the goal of ``sharing the excitement'' by letting more people know about the activities of athletes and the results of competitions.

Support report

Crowdfunding goal achieved

Thank you very much for supporting crowdfunding to support the training costs of the All Japan Alpine Ski U16 Team from October 27, 2023 to January 15, 2024. Your support, along with support from J:COM, will be used by Just Loving Ski, a general incorporated association. He will be sent to the All Japan Ski Federation.

Total support: 2,419,000 yen

• ※みなさまからの支援の合計に、J:COM からの支援を加えた合計金額
    (上記総額よりクラウドファンディングサイトREADY FORの手数料を控除した額がおくられます。)

2023/24 season presentation ceremony

On March 17, 2024, Just Loving Ski Director Emiko Kiyosawa and J:COM Managing Corporate Officer Kazuhiro Taguchi to All Japan Ski Federation Vice President Masahiko Harada and Alpine Head Coach Shinji Anjiki, We presented the All Japan Alpine Skiing U16 Team Strengthening Support Fund.

The presentation ceremony was broadcast on J SPORTS's "Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2023/24" broadcast on the same day.

From left J:COM Managing Corporate Officer Kazuhiro Taguchi, JLS Director Emiko Kiyosawa, SAJ Vice President Masahiko Harada, SAJ Alpine Head Coach Shinji Anjiki

Competition Streaming

2024 Junior Olympics (Alpine competition) free LIVE distribution!

The Junior Olympics, where young people who will lead the skiing world of the future gather, will be streamed live for free on J SPORTS' official YouTube channel.
Please take a look at the activities of the alpine ski U16 athletes who received your support.

Competition name
JOC Junior Olympic Cup 2024 All Japan Junior Ski Championships (Alpine Competition)
Venue
Sugadaira Kogen Pinebeak Ski Resort, Ueda City, Nagano Prefecture
Event date
March 24th (Sunday) – March 27th (Wednesday), 2024
Organizer
All Japan Ski Federation

Streaming contents (with archive Streaming)

Streaming date Event Streaming page
3/24 (Sun)
7:50am~
K2 category
Men's and Women's Giant Slalom
https://youtube.com/live/dQ-t43bJbhA
3/25 (Monday)
K2 category
men's and women's slalom
https://youtube.com/live/EvC33vK7qJA
3/26 (Tue)
K1 category
Men's and Women's Giant Slalom
https://youtube.com/live/-6i0tzvLoa4
3/27 (Wed)
K1 category
Men's and women's slalom competition
https://youtube.com/live/Dq2xynI5dn4

Category division

K1 category: 5th and 6th grade of elementary school
K2 category: 1st year junior high school to 1st year high school premature age

• *Distribution contents are subject to change.

notice

Ryoma Katayama (20 years old), who was active as a member of the U16 team over the two seasons 2018/19 and 2019/20 when this project started, participated in the FIS Far East Cup (an Asian regional tournament that is a lower category of the World Cup). ) achieved the overall victory!

Tournament results (past participants in this project)
Men's overall 1st place Ryoma Katayama
Women's overall 3rd place Mikoto Onishi
Women's overall 5th place Ayano Yokoo

Katayama’s victory comment

I was happy (to win the overall championship). I was relieved that the long series was over. Next season, while participating in the World Cup, I would like to compete in races in Europe and gain experience that will help me further down the line. I believe that I was able to win this title only because of the support of those around me. From now on, we look forward to your continual support.

Thanks to everyone's cooperation, we are all happy that this project, which is now in its 6th year, has produced such players who are active on the world stage. We will continue to support young athletes who aim to reach the world podium.

▼Click here for the report program in which Katayama appears.

(J:COM Sustainability Activities | 15-Year-Old Japanese Representative ~ Challenge of All Japan Alpine Ski U16 Team ~Playing time 27:00)

Return to top of page