Policy on Protection of Personal information
Jupiter Telecommunications, Co Ltd. announces its policy regarding the protection of Information as follows.
Jupiter Telecommunications, Co., Ltd. (J:COM) may use customers' personal information in order to broadly provide various services and information to its customers.
Therefore, J:COM has responsibility to properly and thoroughly protect and manage when using the personal information.
J:COM has always been committed to protect personal information; however, as the era of broadband advances further, J:COM believes the proper management of information regarding individuals has become even more important; thus, J:COM declares its basic policy for protection of personal information and establishes the personal information protection management system in consistency with "JISQ 15001 Personal Information Protection Management Systems (PMS)".
- Considering its line of business and scale (of providing various services and information), we are committed to appropriate and diligent engagement in protection, management, usage and provision of personal information.
- In acquisition, usage, and provision of personal information, we specify the purpose as much as possible and state the source and acquisition method of personal information as specifically as possible; and we adhere to regulations and other guidelines regarding personal information.
- For management of personal information, we assign a personal information manager for proper management and prevention of leakage to outside. We provide protective measures at reasonable and appropriate level against a fraudulent access from outside, loss, damage, alteration or leakage of personal information, or other similar risks. We also provide prompt corrective measures against any risks of incidents.
- We limit the handling of personal information within the scope of achieving the usage purpose and pay thorough attention not to damage the customers' rights. We do not disclose or provide the personal information to a third party (excluding outsource contractors) without the consensus of the customer (except when it is specifically stipulated in laws or regulations).
- We appropriately respond to complaints and consultations regarding the handling of personal information.
- The personal information protection management system will be improved continuously as the environment changes in the future.
- In the case of customers' personal information leakage, we are prepared to respond according to the laws and regulations like notifying the facts promptly to the customers.
- We have a defined storage period for a customer's personal information required for achieving the purpose, when the storage period is expired or the purpose is achieved, the customer's personal information is deleted without a delay unless there is a specific stipulation in the law or regulation.
Amended on August 1, 2017
Jupiter Telecommunications, Co., Ltd.
Representative Director Chairman & Co-CEO
Handling of Personal Information
Acquisition and Usage of Personal Information
Jupiter Telecommunications Co., Ltd, makes use of personal information owned by its affiliate such as J:COM service operators, program suppliers, telecommunication operators, and engineering companies based on the commissioned works to manage and operate J:COM services. And such usage is limited within the scope of purpose of commissioned works.
J:COM Service Operators shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003), the Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information (the cabinet approval on April 2, 2004), the Guideline on the Protection of Personal Information of Broadcast Recipients (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication (MIC) Pronouncement No.696 of 2006) and the Guideline on the Protection of Personal Information in Telecommunications Business (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication (MIC) Pronouncement No.695 of 2006) and other regulations and guidelines related to the company’s business, and may use the information as listed below in accordance with JISQ 15001. J:COM shall respect the guideline for certified organizations on protection of personal information created by Personal Information Protection Center within Secure Broadcasting Authorization and Research Center, an accredited personal information protection organization of which J:COM is a member.
J:COM service operators request for a customer's personal information to confirm the details of service the customer has requested, to inform of services provided by J:COM group companies, and as information required to provide the actual service.
When public information that composes personal information, and also influences the delivery of services or billing for services -like municipal names and postal codes- is changed, we may change the registered personal information accordingly.
Also information of individuals who used any of J:COM's services in the past are also handled under the same policy as the customer information.
The main usage purposes of customers' personal information are as follows:
- (1)To confirm the registrations and deliver subscribed services
- (2)To charge and collect fees for various services and products and to confirm of such activities
- (3)To send prizes customers entered and won (lucky-draw, etc.)
- (4)To produce, present or inform about regular publication, books, digital contents, e-mail, various membership services and other services (including cases where promotional products or programs includes images of crowds in which individuals can be identified).
- (5)To recruit participants for various events, and surveys, and report on the result of such recruitments
- (6)To capture the usage status of services and websites to deliver information from companies and organization including J:COM that are beneficial to customers
- (7)Other usages based on contracts and rules regarding services provided by J:COM Group Companies
- ※The personal information acquired for the purposes (3),(4) and (5) are directly managed by Jupiter Telecommunications and are handled as the personal information subject to disclosure by the company. The personal information subject to disclosure is information which J:COM is authorized to respond to a request from the customer to disclose, correct, add and delete.
- Upon contacting a customer on the phone, the conversation may be recorded for the purpose of confirming inquiry details and service improvement.
- J:COM group companies, in addition to the provision of services, conduct survey to improve the existing services or develop new services.
We may request for personal information within the scope of purpose of delivering the survey and gratitude for participation.
- J:COM group companies, in addition to the above, acquire, use and manage information that is disclosed publicly, learned through our operation, or received from external entities. When we are to use information that can be considered as personal information for our business operation, an appropriate provision according to JISQ15001 will be applied for usage.The main usage purposes of personal information are J:COM service promotion and above item 1.
Provisioning of the Personal Information to a Third Parties
- Jupiter Telecommunications shall not provide the registered personal information to a third party without the consent of the customer. Even in the case in which corporations and organizations other than J:COM are providing information that may be beneficial to the customer, the personal information shall not be released to such corporations or organization without the customer’s consent.
- When the customer requested for information or services, ordered products, applied, contacted corporations and organizations other than J:COM via J:COM or requested for intermediation to J:COM, or applied for exhibitions and seminars of such corporations and organizations via J:COM, J:COM may provide personal information to such corporations and organizations.
- J:COM may disclose the personal information when the disclosure is required by regulations, is based on the contracts and other rules of J:COM services, or can be rationalized as required to protect and guard rights, assets, and safety of the customer.
- When J:COM is commissioning the handling of personal information to an external entity, J:COM shall carefully select the entity that fully satisfies the standards for protection of personal information based on the selection criteria defined by J:COM and contractually bind the entity not to leak personal information. When J:COM is commissioned to handle personal information from an external entity, J:COM shall carefully manage such personal information and use within the limit of the contract.
Sharing of Personal Information ①
In order to provide highly added-value services to our customers, we may share the personal information among J:COM group companies under strict management and supervision. Such usage is restricted to the following and allowed only when needed.
The sharing conditions may be reviewed as needed and any change is listed on this web page or notified beforehand.
- Personal Information to be shared
Name, address, phone number, gender birthday, mail address, history of J:COM service usage, inquiry history, viewing history, payment status, and all personal information acquired at the time of subscription or during provision of such services (excluding information invading secrecy of communications).
- Sharing Entities
- Usage Purposes
- To confirm the registrations and deliver subscribed services
- To manage the contents and application information downloaded by the subscribers
- To bill and collect fees for various services and products and to confirm of such activities
- To send prizes customers entered and won (lucky-draw, etc.)
- To send gratitude for participations in surveys
- To produce, present or inform about regular publication, books, digital contents, e-mail, various membership services and other services.
- To recruit participants for various events and surveys, and report on the result of such recruitments
- To capture the usage status of services and websites to deliver information from companies and organization including J:COM that are beneficial to customers
- To use information publicly available, acquired through business execution, or provided by external entities for J:COM service promotions.
- To conduct surveys, analysis and marketing activities.
- To display recommendations based on viewing information, usage and operational records of installed equipment.
- To use for other activities based on the contract and rules of services provided by J:COM Group companies.
- ※The information used for the above may be statistically processed.
- Method of Acquisition
The information to be shared is the information acquired by J:COM Group companies through application, Internet, and postcards.
- The party responsible for management of shared personal information
Jupiter Telecommunications Co., Ltd. personal information manager
Sharing of Personal Information ②
Jupiter Telecommunications may share the personal information in order to manage and operate J:COM services. The share usages are described below.
- Personal Information Items to be Shared
Name, company name, company address, company department, title, company phone, fax number, and mail address
- Sharing Entities
- Jupiter Telecommunications Co., Ltd.
- Jupiter Entertainment Co., Ltd.
- Jupiter Golf Network Co., Ltd.
- Discovery Japan, Inc.
- Channel Ginga Co., Ltd.
- JSPORTS Corporation
- Asmik Ace, Inc.
- Nihon Eiga Satellite Broadcasting Corporation
- ANY Co., LTD.
- Usage Purposes
Advertising, PR, and sales activities for cable operators, etc.
- Acquisition Method
In accordance with the acquisition method of each of sharing companies
- Person Responsible for Management of Shared Personal Information
Jupiter Telecommunications Co., Ltd. personal information manager
Management of Personal InformationWe implement severe security measures to prevent loss, misuse, or alteration of personal information.
We review the security measures as the technology advances to facilitate assured environment to prepare against fraudulent accesses to personal information.
Protection of Personal Information for the Purpose of Press Reporting and WritingThe Article 76 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information stipulates that the handling of personal information for the purpose of press reporting and writing is not subjected to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information; however, J:COM Group Companies shall appropriately handle and safely manage the personal information even when used for such purposes. If there are any complaints about the handling, J:COM shall try to appropriately respond to the matter.
Disclosure, Correction, Addition, Deletion of Personal Information
- We manage customers' personal information in the status that is as correct and up-to-date as we can. When customer request, we disclose, correct, add, or delete the registered information. However, when the request falls under the following, such request may be rejected partially or entirely. The reason for the rejection is attached in such case.
- There is a possible damage to the lives, bodies, assets, and other rights and benefits of the customer or a third party.
- There is a serious interference on proper execution of J:COM’s business.
- When it is in violation of laws.
- When a customer requests for disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of the personal information we own, we request for presentation of one of the following documents to confirm the identity of the customer.
- driver's license
- health insurance card
- or any other document that enables identity confirmation
- For every customer's request to disclose of the personal information we own or notify usage purpose, we charge 1,000 JPY (excluding tax) as a handling fee.
Service Provided on Website of J:COM Group Companies
- Collection of access logs
We are recording information of a customer who has accessed to our website in the form of access log. The access log includes customer's IP address, the type of browser used, and date and time of access. Information that can specify an individual may be included. Regardless of inclusion of the personal information, the access log is for statistical analysis of website usage, and discovery of fraud accesses or other system monitoring activities, and not for any other purposes. When such information is handled as the personal information, an appropriate provision according to JISQ15001 will be applied for usage.
As a customer uses this site, we may gather the customer's "group information" and "Cookie information".
"Group information" is a habit, pattern and statistical information of a user group and does not identify a specific user.
"Cookie information" is information that is transferred from the website to the user's hard disk for storage using the industry standard technology called Cookie.
By storing selection made by the user on a specific site, Cookie improves usefulness of the Web. Cookie can identify the user's computer, but not the user himself. Most of the browsers are set to accept Cookie in a default setting. Users can set to reject Cookie; however, that may prevent sufficient use of the website.
We use Cookie for convenience of users, but the data is stored on the customer's PC and not on our server. (We are not able see the data.)
Use of Cookie in Behavioral Target Advertisement
Inquiry on Personal Information
Please contact the following regarding the personal information that we manage.
- J:COM Customer Center
- Toll-free 0120-999-000
- Personal Information Manager (Manager of Risk Management Division) of Jupiter Telecommunications, Co. Ltd.
Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization
We are a certified operator of an authorized personal information protection organization, “Personal Information Protection Center” (Secure Broadcasting Authorization and Research Center). If you have any questions or concerns regarding the handling of personal information related to the broadcast service of J:COM, you can contact the center.
- ※Please note the center is not a contact for our broadcast service (program contents, etc.). When you have questions or concerns even after our explanation regarding the handling of personal information related to our broadcast service and require advise, please directly contact the center at the following.
- Secure Broadcasting Authorization and Research Center
- Personal Information Protection Center
- (The phone number is listed in the above site.)
- Corporate TOP